There also exist operating states below Non-Existence.
The Condition of Liability
Below Non-Existence there is the Condition of Liability. The being has ceased to be simply non-existent as a team member and has taken on the
It is assigned where careless or malicious and knowing damage is caused to projects, organizations or activities. It is adjudicated that it is malicious and knowing because orders have been published against it or because it is contrary to the intentions and actions of the remainder of the team or the purpose of the project or organization.
It is a liability to have such a person unwatched as the person may do or continue to do things to stop or impede the forward progress of the project or organization and such a person cannot be trusted. No discipline or the assignment of conditions above it has been of any
The condition is usually assigned when several Dangers and Non-Existences have been assigned or when a long unchanged pattern of conduct has been detected.
When all others are looking for the reason mail is getting lost, such a being would keep on losing the mail
The condition is assigned for the benefit of others so they won’t get
The formula of Liability is:
1. Decide who are one’s friends.
2. Deliver an effective blow to the enemies of the group one has been pretending to be part of despite personal danger.
3. Make up the damage one has done by personal contribution far beyond the ordinary demands of a group member.
4. Apply for reentry to the group by asking the permission of each member of it to rejoin and rejoining only by majority permission. And if refused, repeating (2) and (3) and (4) until one is allowed to be a group member again.
The Condition of Doubt
When one cannot make up one’s mind as to an individual, a group, organization or project, a condition of Doubt exists.
The Doubt formula is:
1. Inform oneself honestly of the actual intentions and activities of that group, project or organization, brushing aside all bias and rumor.
2. Examine the statistics of the individual, group, project or organization.
3. Decide on the basis of “the greatest good for the greatest number of
4. Evaluate oneself or one’s own group, project or organization as to intentions and objectives.
5. Evaluate one’s own or one’s group, project or organization’s statistics.
6. Join or remain in or befriend the one which progresses toward the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics and announce the fact publicly to both sides.
7. Do everything possible to improve the actions and statistics of the person, group, project or organization one has remained in or joined.
8. Suffer on up through the conditions in the new group if one has changed sides, or the conditions of the group one has remained in if wavering from it has lowered one’s status.
The Condition of Enemy
When a person is an
The formula for the Condition of Enemy is just one step:
Find out who you really are.
The Condition of Treason
Treason is defined as betrayal after trust.
The formula for Treason is very correctly and factually “Know that you are.”
It will be found, gruesomely enough, that a person who accepts a post or position and then doesn’t function as it, will inevitably upset or destroy some portion of an organization.
By not knowing that he is the __________ (post name), he is committing treason in fact.
The results of this can be found in history. A failure to be what one has the post or position name of will result in a betrayal of the functions and purposes of a group.
Almost all organizational upsets stem from this one fact:
A person in a group who, having accepted a post, does not know that he is a certain assigned or designated
The formula for the Condition of Treason is:
Find out that you are.
The Condition of Confusion
The lowest condition is a Condition of Confusion.
In a Condition of Confusion, the being or area will be in a state of random motion. There will be no real production, only disorder or confusion.
In order to get out of Confusion, one has to find out where he is.
It will be seen that the progress upward would be, in Confusion, find out where you are; in Treason, find out that you are; and for Enemy, find out who you are.
The formula for Confusion is:
Find out where you are.
Note: It is important that the person who is in Confusion be cleared up on the definition of confusion. (This is done before the formula itself is started.)
1. Any set of factors or circumstances which do not seem to have any immediate solution.
A confusion in this universe is random motion. If you were to stand in heavy traffic, you would be likely to feel confused by all the motion whizzing around you. If you were to stand in a heavy storm with leaves and papers flying by, you would be likely to feel confused.
A confusion is only a confusion so long as all particles are in motion. A confusion is only a confusion so long as no factor is clearly defined or understood.
Confusion is the basic cause of stupidity.
A confusion could be called an “uncontrolled randomness.” Only those who can exert some control over that randomness can handle confusions. Those who cannot exert control actually breed confusions.
2. All a confusion is, is unpatterned flow. The particles collide, bounce off each other and stay in the area. Thus there is no product, as to have a product something must flow out.
The additional formula for the Condition of Confusion is:
Locational Processing is a Scientology technique done to orient and put a person in communication with his environment. This is done by pointing out certain objects and telling the person to “Look at that ______ (indicated object)” and acknowledging the person when he has done so. The objects could include such things as a tree, a building, a street, etc. This is done until the person is happier and has some kind of realization.
2. Comparing where one is to other areas where one was.
3. Repeat step 1.
general nature; character.
use or value to; advantage to.
in a way that is covert, concealed, hidden or disguised; not openly practiced or shown.
caused to fail; hindered or obstructed.
an urge to survive along a certain course; an urge toward existence in an area of life. There are eight dynamics: first, self; second, sex and the family unit; third, groups; fourth, Mankind; fifth, life forms; sixth, physical universe; seventh, spirits; and eighth, Supreme Being.
openly acknowledged or declared.
condition or state of being; existence. Beingness also refers to the assumption or choosing of a category of identity. Beingness can be assumed by oneself or given to oneself or attained. Examples of beingness would be one’s own name, one’s profession, one’s physical characteristics, one’s role in a game—each or all of these could be called one’s beingness.
a type of process which helps orient a person and puts him in communication with his environment.